Wynwood

Wynwood is a historic neighborhood north of downtown Miami within Miami-Dade County.
It was originally the settlement of the Puerto Rican community in Miami, today called Wynwood Arts
District. It is the nerve center of offices, condominiums and artistic activity of museums and art
galleries.

Synonymous with fashion, culture and creativity, this sector of Miami, once a deteriorated
neighborhood is today one of the most dynamic areas of the city: with 70 galleries, one of the
largest outdoor urban art exhibitions in the city world, cafes, restaurants, antique shops and studios.

The phenomenon of Wynwood is very similar to what happened in SoHo (New York), and has to do
with the transformation of industrial neighborhoods in an advanced state of deterioration, with a
marked architectural aesthetic, in places that come back to life through artistic creation, the
presence of young people, the change of uses and the reinvention of both private and urban
spaces.

The similarity is no coincidence, the New Yorker Tony Goldman, renowned visionary of the real
estate was one of the developers who was behind both transformations.
"I discover the potentiality of the area five to seven years before the magic happens. I like the smell
of properties, and I would like to have the ability to acquire them. I know when an area is
underestimated, "Goldman told the Miami Herald in 1986, referring to Miami Beach, where he also
developed conservation projects.

David Lombardi, another of the urban developers who participated in this project, is part of the
Artistic District Association of Wynwood and has been investing in the neighborhood since 2000 -he
now owns 40 properties-, says that when he arrived in the area what more impressed was the large
scale of the buildings and the width of the streets and platforms that made the neighborhood an
ideal place to create a friendly pedestrian space. The sector is also very close to downtown Miami
and Miami Beach to ignore it.

Today, there are galleries and museums, dozens of new restaurants and bars, and hundreds of
companies, creators, and innovators working in a place that just feels alive.

Search Wynwood Homes for Sale

Miami listings last updated May 20, 2019 4:49:pm.